Friday, July 21, 2017

Flower Friday

We are joining the Mini's and their mom for Flower Friday☺

Let's see what flowers we can find on our walk today, mom~
 We found beautiful coneflowers!
 They are so pretty close-up~
 Finally, we found Butterfly Weed!   It was too early in the morning for the butterflies to be out and about.
 The oregano in my garden is blooming.    I guess the woodchuck doesn't like oregano either.   GOOD!
 We found this flower at the base of my stairs.   We had to look her up as we had no idea who she was.   This is an Asiatic Dayflower.   It's described as an invasive weed.   We think she's a very beautiful weed.   We found a most interesting video at YouTube about the Asiatic Dayflower.
And we found more beautiful Daylilies!

 Wow - this Zinnia is sure vibrant!
 This Zinnia is easier on the eyes but I still like the hot pink one better☺
 We think this might be Beebalm?  We thought it only came in red?
 Thanks for coming along with us on our walk!
Love ya lots♥
Molly


16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your walks on Flower Friday. We always learn something new about flowers and plants

    Teka

    ReplyDelete
  2. the butterfly bush is cool, isn't it? I have one in my backyard too and I love it to play chase with that colorful guys who come to visit my bush :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice walk. I love the cone flowers. Maybe next year I'll have some.
    I have lots plans.
    Thanks for sharing your walk. I my walk today too.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We liked the invasive weed. It could invade our yard

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've never seen oregano in bloom! It's so pretty!
    Beautiful flowers, Molly!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Molly my gal pal!!
    I missed you! What gorgeous posies you and your mom found for today's post
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsa gurl! You gots lots of purty flowers on your walkie!!! I likes the hot pink one too! Thanks gurl!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Mom really enjoyed your walk today. She used to have pink cone flowers, butterfly bush and bee balm in the garden before we started helping with the gardening. We do have that Asian dayflower though and it's trying to take over the whole yard. Mom didn't know what it was but she spends lots of time pulling it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cone flowers are cool and we like the butterfly weed too. All the flowers were beautiful
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You have some beautiful flowers! Our bee balm is pink like that too. Ghostwriter knows what that blue flower is, but can never think of the name! Oh, it's called tradescantia. This is a great time of year for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cone flowers! Wowzers! And, I'm thrilled to hear that the woodchuck doesn't like your oregano! Yipee!

    We have wild bee balm here (also known as "horse mint") and it's only purple, no other colors! It looks just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers brought a smile to my face. The zinnias are so pretty and I love coneflowers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure found lots of pretty flowers. We agree that some "weeds" have very pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We never knew that Asiatic Dayflower was edible though I hesitate to eat the plant. You try it first and let me know okie dokie. We have a patch growing at the corner of our home under the faucet hose it seems to hide the hose well.
    Oh they have a new color cone flower this year called bubble gum it is a soft pinky color that looks quite different.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all those beautiful flower photos and descriptions!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete